JUST ABOUT HOW FAST CAN YOU GO??



In an hour?
In a minute?
Or maybe....
In a flash?

Okay, that was cheezy but definitely worth the try.



The Flash, my homies!!! If you've been living under a rock, The Flash is a television series adaptation of the DC Comics with the same title aired on CW. It starrs Grant Gustin (I can't say or type that without blushing a little) as Barry Allen, or when he has his suit on—The Flash. Along with Grant/Barry are Candice Patton as Iris West, his team: Dr. Caitlin Snow played by Danielle Panabaker, Cisco Ramon played by Carlos Valdes and Dr. Harrison Wells, played by Tom Cavanagh.

For the premise of the story, i'll let IMDb do the talk:

"Barry Allen wakes up 9 months after he was struck by lightning and discovers that the bolt gave him the power of super speed. With his new team and powers, Barry becomes "The Flash" and fights crime in Central City."

(Source: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3107288/?ref_=ttep_ep_tt)


I'm not entirely sure if this is kind of like a sequel to the Arrow (one, because they clearly state different cases two, well they're entirely two different superheroes) or a series of a series. FYI again, Arrow is another series aired on CW about the Green Arrow. The Flash made a quick (pun intended) appearance on an episode of Arrow and I think I say this on behalf of the ¾ of watchers that yes, Grant Gustin did picque our interest. That is without mentioning his capacity at going …. fast.



Now here's a rundown of my thought processes while I watch every episode (season 1 ongoing) of The Flash.

1. Barry Allen is probably the cutest forensic scientist ever.


What I was trying to say is: good casting!! A cute nerdy guy living a double life, and has a way of making jargons sound so appealing—Grant Gustin probably is the best choice. That goes with the other characters, too. Cisco is such an adorable nerd, the uptight Dr. Snow, the “hero now but with a villain vibe” Dr. Wells and of course, the bestfriend that the hero is secretly in love with. I can't wait for the stories of these characters unravel and form a web of confusion, excitement, drama and the works!

2. Shit's real.



I find a 40-minuter series episode to be too lengthy. But now that the story's starting to unveil all types of veils, i'm glued!! (and even slightly forgot about my thesis). The Flash got me wishing I were meta-human. Just imagine what I could do if I had powers. Hmm hmm hmmm mwahahahha jk

3. Awwwwwww, wait what?

That's just how The Flash grabs hold of your emotions and takes it to a San Joaquin jeepney ride. From Barry's daddy issues, to the initially unrequited love for his bestfriend, to the confusion and revelation of who the reverse-flash is, it gets crazier by the minute. 


All in all, I can't wait to see how the story of The Flash unravels! What is Dr. Wells' real intention? What's the impending threat to Barry Allen's life? Will his dad be released from prison? But they say it's not always about the endpoint, but the journey. So plug in some of The Flash and get a piece of that hot flash. Watch out for more episodes (and optimistically a new season)!



0 comments:

Post a Comment