Caught in Between

I am caught between a prejudiced and literary world. Often I wear black clothes, partnered with my long hair, and some say suplado look, I got the makings of a rebel. However, my classmates know that I’m a goofball, quick to laugh, and-just a teensy tiny bit- a pervert who cracks green jokes all the time.

However, for those who really know me, I’m a bookworm, who loves to read novels; from Neil Gaiman, to George Martin, J.K. Rowling, J.D Sallinger, Haruki Murakami, and many others that I can just lay hands on. As such, this habitat of “devouring” books lead me to writing my own short stories, poems, and other thoughts and scribbles; with the plots on my short stories leaning to the dark, mysterious and explicit, and the poems about love and laced with innuendo (I have a twisted mind, I think).

The entries to my blog will be often or not be filled with selected passages from novels or poems, with me trying to connect these passages to our lives; experiences from our childhood up to the present. I will also try to show my romantic side, to try and post my cheesy poems and stories, write and react about topics concerning the literary world, and post my views about bizarre things that are happening around us (science fiction and fantasy novels rule!).

This is me, Gio Carlo Pamplona. Trying to show the world that I’m not as scary as everyone thinks, that deep down, I’m a nerd and a regular person who likes to get lost and wander to the worlds I travel while reading, and trying to make sense of it based on my experiences also. Hurrah!






1 comments:

  1. If that poem is an original, wow. I salute you. Hurrah! :D

    ReplyDelete