What's in my closet?

     We cannot deny that there are a lot of perks of being a student of the University of the Philippines. One of which (and my personal favourite of course) is that we don’t wear uniforms. Students go to school wearing anything; from comfy shirt-plus-pants combo to extravagant maxi skirts and boots! Plus, dress codes are not that important. These days, a big percentage of the female population wear short shorts in class. Pffff. You can even wear your running shorts.

     Because of this, I consider every waking moment of my life in the university as an opportunity to dress up, and flaunt the stuff straight off my closet that took me years to collect. Yes, it took me years to establish a closet full of fashion finds; some of them have been with me for, like, three years at most? I’m a keeper, you see.

     This closet of mine may not be the best out there (I’m just a student and I live on a low-budget lifestyle because rent, food and allowance are given priority in my books) but hey, if I’m going to write a lot of lifestyle stuff on this blog in the future, might as well start with what I have with myself.


     Clothes. The kind of clothing that people would frequently see me wearing is the oversized button up shirt. It’s like a part of my identity and it makes up more than half of my wardrobe. They’re comfortable to wear, they’re stylish, they could either go with shorts or pants yet still look good, and they cover up my otherwise unsightly love handles so I could kiss the abysmally uncomfortable stomach-in routine throughout the day! My other fancy ensembles consist of casual dress, maxi skirts, t-shirts, formal attires, jackets and other fashion staples students need on their closet.


     Shoes. Dressing up isn’t complete without good, serviceable footwear. To be honest, most of my shoes were syndicated from surplus stores for they’re not that pricey if you only know how to look for great finds that are durable and classy too. I usually go for loafers or a pair of comfy flats on a normal day but if I feel like walking on a fabulous runway, then I’d wear killer boots on my tight fitting jeans or XL-sized shirts.


     Bags. It’s common for girls my age to invest in bags because they’re quite essential especially if you’re the type of girl who fancies stuffing the contents of their entire house before they bolt out of the door. I’m that kind of girl but I don’t usually stick with just one big bag. Like shoes, I want my bag to match my outfit that’s why I rely too much on gifts and hand-me-down bags (because authentic bags are more durable) so that there are a variety of options I could choose from to use for my OOTD.


     Clothes, shoes and bags are the common things in my closet that can be found in every other girl’s closet too. The rest of it consist of their favourite skin care line, accessories, makeup (ohmygod don’t even let me start with makeup!). Some keep it simple with minimal amount of extravagant stuff but that depends on one’s personality. As for me, a fashion enthusiast, I like it when my closet is full of different colors and style because I like inconsistency and variety in what I wear.

     So that’s it! I hope you liked the tour of my closet. They say you could tell a lot more about a person when you take a good look at their Narnia of a closet. But try not to be prejudiced by those beauties in hangers, vacuum bags, pouches, and cream jars though. Every one of us have their own story to tell, and my closet, well, it just shows a tiny fraction of who and what I’m made of. Hope your day’s tickled pinker than a strawberry truffle today! See you on my next post, tootles! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment