How To Fight In Combat

If time calls for you to face the battlefield, preparedness is key. You have to be sure of what type of battle you are fighting and you have to make sure you are set with the right kind of weapon.  

Last Friday’s case, I was prepared with an empty stomach. It was the perfect weapon for someone who wants to eat, EAT and EAT!!! What do I mean, you ask? No, it’s not that I had to eat my enemies alive. It was because I got myself involved in an eating combat. It was the first heavy duty combat that I had to face in my three years in UP. Oh wait, no! It wasn’t! No combat is heavier than waking up to face school (especially if you’re from the state U, am I right?). So yes, going to school is WAR. 

Ready, get set…

BOODLE FIGHT!!!
For those who don’t know, a “boodle fight” is a military style of eating in which food is piled on top of banana leaves laid out on long tables and must be taken with bare hands washed with water from jugs prepared on the side. Eating begins when the signal is given.

      This was how last Friday’s looked like…
 & the Pinoys be like...
And yes folks, that's Philippine fine dining for you! Truth be told, I am a little squeamish about it BUT I managed to enjoy and survive. Here’s how...

1.) DON’T EAT ANYTHING before the combat. It’s better to come in empty than full. You need to fill that gut of yours as much as you can if you want to be one of the coolest and the MOST MASCULINE (what? Haha!) in the table.

2.) WASH YOUR HANDS. Technically because no spoon and fork will be laid out on the table. And if you wished to use utensils in this game better yet go home for not being a good sport.

3.) EAT AS IF YOU ARE ENJOYING. Because you will be even if somehow (sometimes) you are a picky eater like moi. You’ll end up liking what you eat eventually since you are not eating alone. Perhaps, that’s the best part since you get to see everybody’s inner beast eating like animals. It was a good laugh. Good thing I did not choke.

4.) WATCH WHAT YOU EAT. This is very important. You don’t want to eat off from someone else's chicken bone, do you?
5.) Lastly, unbutton your jeans. It will save your life after the great eat.

Probably that's it then you're good to go to battle. ;)



      More snapshots from Friday



0 comments:

Post a Comment